Blanket blogging

Hello everyone,

It has been a while, how are you all? Things have been rather hectic in the KSC household lately but I can assure you there will be a podcast coming soon with lots of exciting things to talk about :)

This post is to discuss a crazy decision I made the other day, I made the rash decision to make a sock yarn blanket. I always vowed I was never mad enough to make one of these, I mean a blanket on 2.75mm needles?! Something in me has clearly changed...

The problem came after looking at the lovely blanket KAL thread on the iMake board on Ravelry...Martine is currently working on a stunning blanket and it is her own recipe so I downloaded the pattern and cast a square on before I had a chance to think about it again!

This is my approach to this blanket, like Martine I intend to make this a long term project and use it to eat up all my 4 ply and sock scraps over time. At the moment I am intending on knitting at least 1 square a day, this shouldn't be too much of a challenge as they take me under 30 mins and I am sure I will get quicker :)

I'll try to keep blogging about it as it progresses to see if I can convince anyone else to join in :D

Here is where I am today, day 2 and 2 squares in...


Lets see how this goes...


Comments

  1. I know what you mean. I got lured in too! Though I have kind of chickened out a bit by deciding to do a cushion cover instead of a blanket. But I do already have a crochet blanket on the go so two blankets seemed a bit too overwhelming. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Episode 2.3 - Return to knitting

Episode 4 - Start-itis

Episode 5 - British Wooltastic